Friday 7 June 2013

Animals are cool too...

Bok my fellow bloggers or internet lovers!
(Bok means "hi", and no, I'm not fluent in chicken)

A few weeks ago I went this leadership seminar which was an amazing experience! I got to meet people from so many different schools and we mingled and exchanged phone numbers and hair products. 
(I'm joking about the last two)

But the highlight of the night was the dinner. 
Oh my goodness and what a dinner it was!

We got to eat in the host school's dining hall (BECAUSE IT HAS A DINING HALL WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!) and we sat in these long narrow tables. Dinner conversation was pre-determined by the hosts: "What opportunities do you have as a leader of your school?", "What legacy will you leave behind?", "'Leadership is fun' - debate." etc etc. 
So the people at my table briefly discussed this and then we just started talking about our plans for the future, the subjects we're going, what things we're looking forward to after college. 

But being me, I thought we'd talked about everything to do with school and the future, so I decided to break into my stash of "small talk" conversation starters. 

"What is your favourite animal?" was my chosen question.

Of course, this had 150% relevance to everything we had been learning about and discussing over the previous 3 hours ... So I guess it's no surprise that I was answered with shocked looks and wide eyes. 

The bulk of the conversation went as follows [key = i am the green text]:
"What?!" 
"What's your favourite animal?"
"That's the most random question I've ever been asked!"
"I know, I know, just answer it."
"Umm...... Umm....... Jeez I don't know..."
"Just pick an animal that you like."
"But it's not something I just think about all the time, you have to give me a while to think...."

I don't know about everyone else, but I often find myself thinking about my favourite animals. Is that too weird?

Anyway, some of the answers I got from my question were: chickens and whales. 
Cool. 


Oh, and by the way, it's probably not the best idea to tell your physics teacher that the reason why you're wearing a batman jumper is because you might need to call him to rescue you from her class. Oops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment