Sunday 7 October 2012

I might be brunette, but some days I really am blonde....

Hey there fellow bloggerinos,
                             (^Like it? I came up with it myself hehe)

As the title of this post suggests, sometimes I really am not the smartest of folks (nothing against blondes - there are a lot of really intelligent people I know who have blonde hair, and for the record at one stage my hair was partially blonde lol).

Anyway, I was in the shower today (keeping hygenic) and I remembered this and it was funny so I decided to share it :P
My "Blonde Story" goes like this...

Back in a month a couple of years ago, I was sitting quietly in the lounge room with my father when I happened to notice that there was a show on the television which had people running down a cliff. It appeared to be a team sport since the contestants had different coloured shirts. There was a red team and a blue team. As my father turned on the volume of this perculiar show, I saw a label on the screen which informed the viewers what was playing. "The Biggest Loser" was the name of the show.
As I watched, I noticed that the people in the show all varied in weight and seemed to be struggling to complete the mountain run.

The clockwork in my brain began to tick.

I thought about the name of the show in correspondence with the nature of the game.
The Biggest Loser...
And that's when I realised what a horrible show this was.
These poor people on the show were being made to compete so that viewers could watch and find out who the most loser-y of the contestants was! And somewhere poeple were probably laughing about them!!

I was disgusted. How could people be so cruel.

After about fifteen minutes of watching this, I decided I could stand it nolonger.
I had to voice my opinion.

With confidence I said to my father, "What an idiotic show! Making fun of these people! To see who the biggest loser of the group is! No one should be told they are a loser!"

It was at this moment that my father explained to me what the show ACTUALLY was...
He told me that it was a "weight-loss" show and that people went on the show and were trained for a while with special gym-trainers. What we were watching was one of the weekly challenges. The reason why it was called "The Biggest Loser" was because at the end of the show, there are prizes for the person who has lost the greatest amount of fat compared to their original weight (a percentage count).


Didn't I feel silly...


P.S. For anyone who reads this, I need suggestions for a nickname to call someone named "André", any ideas????????

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaah well... thats hilarious and would say that you are blonde.. but i have to admit.. im not blonde and multiple things ,very similar to that, happened to me...
    about the nickname.. well i dont now that person, so.. i have no idea what a good nickname would be for him..
    i really admire you btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we all seem to have those 'blonde moments' don't we? XD

      Hmm well he's Portuguese and really cute, likes heavy metal and death metal music (I don't...) and he likes guitars, snakes and spiders (*shudder* spiders...) but I just can't think of ANY nicknames... :/

      Thankyou ^_^ I like to hear feedback from people :)
      (even thought my blog is pittifully uneventful at the moment...need to post more ...)

      Delete